Why am I so tired. It's only 11:39pm our time, 50 minutes from Heathrow, and I would really enjoy a couple of hours sleep.
No Wi-Fi in New Jersey, at least nothing free. Aftter riding a terminal bus though the fog and rain we got to our terminal in plenty of time. Delays throughout the airport, people packed in everywhere. I guess we are lucky our international flight was not delayed. Is there even such a thing?
We spent some time in an airport bar enjoying some of Brooklyn's finest beer, and watching a German argue with the waiter about what is and is not a Pilsner.
Tess is trying to nap next to me, I don't know how anyone can sleep in these friggin planes. I think I am going to have to crash for a couple of hours once we land, or power through. According to Tess you are going to be a mess if you don't POWER THROUGH that first day. So Rick Steves might not tell you this, but Tess will. POWER THROUGH! That's a travel tip from me to you, free of charge. There is lots of rhyming here, not trying to do that.
I watched two movies on the way over, “The Day the Earth Stood Still” (kinda sucked) and “Gangs of New York” (was ok in a “I'm half asleep in a plane and could care less whats on as long as it has moving pictures and noise).
Was served both dinner AND breakfast on the flight, if you can call lasagna cubes and flat croissants meals. I really was not sure what to do with the croissant. Seriously, it was flat, really flat. I folded it around the butter cube and made something like a butter burrito. It was not as tasty as I had imagined...
Time to fill out my LANDING CARD!
Saturday, April 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I don't know what to say but that I am laughing....You guys must have so much fun together!! Your butter burrito sounds tasty!!! LOL
ReplyDelete